Don’t get fooled by the timid appearance or the ordinary title of the timeworn-fashioned Sweet Potato Pie. The pie is genuinely cheered, silky, sericeous, gracious, and finished up with a home-produced marshmallow whipped cream. If the idea is not enough to appeal to your soul, then the topping that is filled with the toasted coconut flakes sprinkled over it, definitely will.
A Sweet potato pie is a customary sweet course that originated in the Southern United States. The dessert is often served during the holiday season in America, specifically at Christmas and Thanksgiving ceremonies, instead of the pumpkin pie that is deliberated to be more traditional in further constituencies of the US. The sweet potato pie’s taste is like delightful, heartfelt spices, expedient notes of vanilla, and, unquestionably, sweetened potatoes. Its consistency is firm and scrumptious, and its flavor is positively filled with delight.
The homemade sweet potato pie is contrastingly more delicious as it takes advantage of having natural sweetness and the perfect texture of fresh sweet potatoes. The desert has the potential to be remembered long after the end of the events or festivals it was served at.
Here is something I am excitedly sharing that you can call the best sweet potato pie recipe, which is sugary, rich with cream, and dreamily sweetened with nutmeg, cinnamon, and a tweak of ground cloves. To make the dessert easy and extra moist, we need to understand that the basic crust should be soft and, most importantly, use fresh potatoes. Brown sugar is another top-up to the desert, which gives it a feeble caramel relish that is beyond enthralling!
Important Notes About The Ingredients
- Pie Crust. The most important part of this delicious pie is its flaky, buttery, and flawlessly golden pie crust. Do a quick service: Bake the crust in advance and place it into your freezer. To make a homemade pie easier, make the crust get your crust ready to go.
- Sweet Potatoes. Right from the start, bounce your pie with an irrefutable autumn flavor. Ensure that their natural sugariness is boomingly suitable to the dessert course and that they are making the pie rich and soft. Sweet potato pie is a healthy dessert rich in loads of fiber and vitamins.
- Spices. This pie is amazingly flavored and all but tasteless; however, it won’t strike you in the face with too much cinnamon or nutmeg. Honestly, you can make your sweet potato pie completely devoid of nutmeg! Instead, you can use allspice, cinnamon, and ginger to make an impeccable sweet potato spice triad.
- Bourbon. Bourbon is used to make smooth, creamy, and seasoned sweet potato pie. If bourbon is not in your reach, just use more vanilla extract instead.
- Evaporated Milk. This recipe consists of evaporated milk for a superfluous velvety feel. Note: While making many sweet potato pie recipes, we all for condensed milk; remember that both are not alike.
- Pure Vanilla Extract. To get the natural and real taste of your best traditional sweet potato pie, use the real deal for it.
For this perfect sweet potato pie recipe, you undeniably don’t need any toppings. It is super delicious as it is! Still, if you want toppings o your pie, I have some ideas of promising enjoyable toppings that can be added:
- Whip Cream
- Cool Whip
- Ice Cream
How To store and Freeze
To Store. Slightly shield your pie, and keep it to store it in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
To Freeze. As directed in a disposable aluminum pie, bake your pie. Closely wrap your baked and chilled pie in a malleable covering or aluminum foil so that you can store it in a freezer for up to 3 months in a nontoxic packing container.
Before serving, let the pie soften for at least 12 hours in the refrigerator. This velvety sweet potato pie is delicately flavored and pieces exquisitely! We will advise you to give it a try and enjoy the outings, festivals, or events and serve it to your friends and family.