Why is it called sad cake? Well, simply because the cake looks sad because it “falls” during baking and ends up being flat. Although it is sad looking, it is still very moist, chewy and sweet and has no need for a frosting.
Published 2020-04-21 03:55:11
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 2 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9×13 inch pan.
- Mix thoroughly together the biscuit mix, brown sugar, eggs, flaked coconut, chopped pecans, and vanilla. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes. Allow cake to cool before cutting.